Welcome to Wise & Wealthy: A weekly newsletter full of proven ideas to become smarter and wealthier. I send this every Monday.
#98 – November 20, 2023
Was this shared with you? Sign up here.
Wise: Rebooting your brain
In my experience, there are a few things you can do when your brain feels clogged.
- Get rid of your overwhelming goals: What’s a big goal that you really want to achieve badly? Something big. Delete it from your brain. Focus on the present and enjoy yourself. You can always come back to your goal later.
- Stop multitasking: Focus on one thing at a time.
- Take a few days off or work less: Your brain needs some rest!
- Limit negative inputs: Avoid negative people for a while. And also avoid negativity on social media and the news.
- Take a long walk: You’ll feel much calmer while getting some exercise.
- Sleep early: Avoid screens and take a book with you to bed.
You wouldn’t keep your computer running without ever restarting it. Likewise, your brain needs to rest and rejuvenate, especially when pushed to its limits.
Read more on each tip in my latest article.
Wealthy: A profitable online career
Having your own online career or business is one of the best ways to build wealth faster. Think of building digital products, doing freelance work, creating apps or software, etc.
When you own your products or services, you have more control over your income. Over time, you get better at growing your business and earning more.
The more you earn, the more you can invest. And sustainable investments are one of the best ways to become financially independent faster.
If you’re curious about building or growing your online career, check out my article on this topic, which I just updated for 2024.
One interesting thing
- Preference for variety and novelty
- Openness to adventure
- Like being the center of attention (lower levels of modesty)
- Being exuberant (high activity levels).
If you can relate to these traits, you might want to start a (side) business.
Thanks for reading! I hope you found this edition of Wise & Wealthy useful.
All the best,
Join the 5-day Financial Freedom Challenge
I created a 5-day email course you can do alone or together with a group. It’s called the Financial Freedom Challenge. And it will help you to gain control over your finances.
Most people try to calculate their way out of poor finances. But money problems aren’t rational. They’re emotional. Manage your emotions well, and you’ll manage your finances better.
How to Unlock the Financial Freedom Challenge
You can join the challenge for free. For five days, you’ll receive a short email with a small challenge that inspires you to improve your relationship with money.
I highly recommend sharing it with your friends/family so you can go through the program together. It helps bring perspective. And it’s more fun that way too.
Join here for free: dariusforoux.com/financial-freedom