I’m not the formal type. I like to get to know my readers, clients, partners, etc. Life is about building relationships. So feel free to drop me an email and introduce yourself.
Anyway, here’s me in 60 seconds.
- Studied business and marketing from 2004 until 2011, and I got two degrees—a Bachelor’s degree in business, and a Master’s degree in marketing from The University of Groningen (Holland)
- I live in Leeuwarden, The Netherlands. Our city is mostly known for setting the record for toppling domino stones
- I also have a workspace in Amsterdam
- In 2010, when I was writing my Master’s thesis, I co-founded Vartex (a laundry technology company) with my dad. That forced me to become effective with my time. So I started researching productivity. I’m an advisor now.
- Worked for Gartner (IT research firm) in London. Quit the job
- Moved back to The Netherlands (where I grew up) in 2015 and started my blog
- I write about building a better life and business. I’ve learned a few lessons from writing articles
- Author of 6 books
- Think Straight and What It Takes To Be Free are #1 best-sellers on Amazon
- Published 300 articles (and counting)
- Teach 4 online classes and have more than 2,500 online students
- I design, draw, and make everything you see on my website myself
- I host a podcast, where I answer questions from readers. I also interview other entrepreneurs and writers
Articles Written About My Work
- How to stop being so busy and get more done — NBC News
- The productivity pit: how Slack is ruining work — Recode by Vox
- Manage Your Energy to Manage Your Mood — Lifehacker
- 3 Powerful Tips to Help You Read 100 Books This Year — INC Magazine
- These are the 5 reasons why you procrastinate—Fast Company
Get TWO free eBooks on Habits & Productivity
When you join my free weekly newsletter, I will send you two eBooks. One on building better habits and another one on doubling your productivity. Join below: