Darius Foroux (pronounced as Da-reeus Fo-roo) is the author of 7 books. He writes about productivity, habits, decision making, and wealth building His ideas and work have been featured in TIME, NBC, Fast Company, Inc., Observer, and many more publications. 500K+ people read his blog every month.
Hi, it’s Darius, thanks for checking out my blog. I’ve been sharing actionable tips for optimizing your life and work every week since 2015. I also host a podcast. But most people know me for my articles on productivity and habits.
Want to get in touch? You can reach me personally here: [email protected].
Why Readers Visit My Blog
You can see my site as a place for acquiring new ideas and inspiration. I started this blog as something on the side. When I published my first article, I was working on the business I founded with my father in 2010, Vartex. After I finished graduate school (I have a degree in Business Administration from The University of Groningen), I became a full-time entrepreneur. And now, I’m a full-time blogger and online teacher. My work focuses on four main topics:
- Productivity: How do we achieve more without sacrificing our well-being?
- Habits: What habits improve our lives, and how can we form them?
- Decision Making: What ways of thinking lead to better decisions?
- Wealth Building: How do we responsibly generate more income?
Readers have told me they like DariusForoux.com for these reasons:
- Weekly personal development articles with actionable tips
- My pragmatic and down-to-earth perspective on the topics I write about
- The wide range of personal development topics I cover, from productivity to wealth building
- The weekly reminders in their inbox to keep improving themselves
Here’s what one reader, Clifford Lawrence, wrote on the Community page (where you can find more reader stories):
Hi Darius, I just wanted to let you know that internet is already full with the type of content you produce and yet your content is of top quality for me. Out of countless blogs giving advice on things, I’ve found yours to be the most actionable.
I started this blog in 2015 after I felt stuck. My career wasn’t giving me any fulfillment. I was only working to earn money—not to make a contribution. At the start of that year, my grandmother passed away. And that forced me to rethink everything I was doing. I decided to leave London, where I lived at the time, and move back to The Netherlands. I also committed to becoming a full-time author and online teacher. I wanted to make an impact and have more freedom.
This blog is basically a summary of everything I’ve learned. And as I learn new things along the way, I keep sharing them here. I know some readers who are subscribed to my newsletter since the very beginning. That’s one of the best things about having a blog—you can connect with people all around the world.
Until now, I’ve had visitors from almost every country in the world. An estimated 30 million people have read at least one of my articles (you can find my best articles here). That’s the power of the internet!
One thing my readers often ask me is where I get my insights from. I’m an avid reader and I read every single day. Good non-fiction books are one of the best sources of knowledge. To see what I’m reading, check out my reading list. If you want to learn from a great mind, simply read their books or books that are written about them.
For example, I love to study the famous investors, Warren Buffett and Charlie Munger. It happens there’s a huge body of work about their ideas. I guess that I’ve only read about 5% of what’s available about the work of Buffett and Munger. We always keep learning.
But books are not my only source of inspiration and wisdom. I’m always curious about learning new skills and ideas. And you can learn from everything and everyone. Learning is what keeps this blog alive. As long as I’m learning, I’ll keep sharing. To get my latest insights, join my newsletter by signing up below. I’ll also send you my free Growth Kit, a bundle of 6 resources with proven tips for optimizing your life and work.
Here’s more about my background:
- Studied business and marketing from 2004 until 2011, and I got two degrees—a Bachelor’s degree in business, and a Master’s degree in marketing from The University of Groningen (Holland)
- I live in Leeuwarden, The Netherlands. Our city is mostly known for setting the record for toppling domino stones
- Author of 7 books
- Published 300 articles (and counting)
- Teach 4 online classes and have more than 3,000 online students
- I design, draw, and make everything you see on my website myself
- I host a podcast, where I answer questions from readers. I also interview other entrepreneurs and writers
Articles Written About My Work
- How to stop being so busy and get more done — NBC News
- The productivity pit: how Slack is ruining work — Recode by Vox
- Manage Your Energy to Manage Your Mood — Lifehacker
- 3 Powerful Tips to Help You Read 100 Books This Year — INC Magazine
- These are the 5 reasons why you procrastinate—Fast Company
“I’ve been following Darius and his work for about 4-5 years now. I discovered one of his articles by accident, got hooked, joined the newsletter and never looked back. I use Evernote on a daily basis and I even have a “Darius Foroux” note, where I keep track of the quotes, advice and motivational reminders I’ve picked up along the way.
Many things that are second nature to me today (such as having a journal system, using Pomodoros, etc.) actually came from him. The best part is that he is actually approachable and no stranger to communicating and engaging with his community frequently. Thanks for the lessons!”