- “I’ll just have one candy bar.”
- “I’m going out just this once.”
- “I’m going to skip the gym just today.”
- “I’m going to watch only one House of Cards episode.”
- “I’m going to play 20 minutes of Call of Duty.”
- “I’m going to read that book another time.”
- “I’m going to relax just for one day.”
- “I’m going to have just one more drink.”
- “I’m going to sleep in today.”
We often think that it doesn’t hurt to skip the little things in life. We know that it’s better to exercise, read, or work on our skills every day.
We also know that it’s better to eat healthy, don’t drink a lot of alcohol, and don’t waste our time complaining of feeling hurt. But all of that stuff is boring. And it doesn’t hurt to skip the little and boring stuff, right?
Well, little things add up to big things. Positive and negative. Skip enough little things and you will never see results. But when you keep doing the little things—it will pay off.